Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ode to a Messy Desk.




My so called scrap cave, is wonderful. It's pink and black, and definitely reflects my personality. I love having a place that I can call my own. The Sterner boys, rarely enter my realm. Only to upload some I-Tunes, and off they go. I think they must worry that the pink wall may turn them into girls. What ever the reason, I can be rest assured that they don't linger here. The one thing that surprises me everyday, is the constant changing nature of my desk. It really is a reflection of my busy lifestyle. I live here most days from 7:30am to 5:30 pm. I work, and play in the same 12' feet of space. You can always look at my desk, and see my focus for that moment in time. Work time.. papers, scrap time, well.. paper, chat time.. wine glass, lunch time...food. It's command central for the Sterner empire. A lot happens here.

My desk is really just another extension of me. It's old and gray. Sturdy, yet flexible. Wide reaching and accommodating. Purposeful, yet cluttered. Vintage, yet modern. My desk. Is really me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you've got the journaling for a great page there!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say the same thing as Erica!! I like how you described yourself in terms of your desk - very cool! BTW, I don't think your desk is as messy as you think it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto what the other 2 said.Also I love that your space is pink.It is so nice to have a creative space of your own:)

    ReplyDelete