Monday, February 27, 2017

Growing In Unity Girl- A little bit about me.

Hello, my name is Annie Sterner, your friendly Growing In Unity newb this week.  ((waiving hello))
I’m super excited to throw myself into the deep end of sharing with you my “talents” (trust me, I use that term very loosely!) What I can say is I try hard.  And most importantly, I do not take myself seriously at all! I’m a go with the flow kind of gal.  Life has taught me that much.   The basics about me:  I’m a mom, a wife, I work.  I encompass all the BORING parts of adulting.  But, what you really need to know about me, (what I am morally obligated to share with you before we start this craft adventure): I’m always one moment away from appearing on the nightly news. 

“This just in, local Denver woman lands in the hospital for near drowning as a large pack of rogue dogs knocked her down and dry hum…. Uh, cuddled, yeah..amorously cuddled her in front of the Pope. First responders turned fire hose on dogs in rescue attempt.  Pope sped away in bubble car before he could be reached for further comment. More at 11.”

You think, I’m kidding- but, this is my life. Weird things just happen either to me, or around me. It’s true, ask my friends.  And yes, I have friends.  Not sure why they stick around. But hey just like those frisky dogs, I have found a good set of legs and I’m not letting go until I get sprayed with a fire hose

My crafting style is much the same way, things just sorta happen over here.  I either create a masterpiece, or I end up spilling both the large bottle of tacky glue and the jar of ultra fine glitter down my shirt. I then spend the next 48 hours explaining to my husband why our dinner sparkles.  Let’s just get real, I’m a hot mess. I get that.  Unity keeps my hot mess moments at bay, but I take nothing for granted.  Should Karma come a knocking this week, and I find myself being trampled by that pack of dogs again, your best comments are   “Bless your heart” ,  “Oh how fun”,  or my personal favorite, the one my husband uses  EVERY TIME  I show him my crafty creations…  “That’s nice.”  You all know the tone of “That’s Nice.” It’s the same tone you give to your Aunt Gladys when she buys you nylon underpants for Christmas.

But, hey- It’s all about the journey right? I can’t promise you masterpieces, or a clear outline of where we are going this week, but it will be an adventure for sure!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like an adventurous imperfect life. Aren't we all in the same place? Have fun this week being GIU girl. Will try to follow the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you dont take yourself too seriously. Life is made up of all the mishaps. That is what makes it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is complicated but if you don't laugh at yourself and have fun, how boring it would be! Love your comparisons. I'm going to try to catch you each day. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like life is never boring around you! I look forward to spending the week with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like someone I'd like to hang with. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you know how to make a hot mess fun. Would find it fun to hang out with you . Am looking forward to see what you have for us this week. Stay real!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOODNESS, I love your sense of humor! So glad I get to be a part of your life this week, and catch more glimpses into your crazy little world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehehee.....so glad I found you and your blog! Congrats on being the GIU gal this week. Very excited to see your projects and read more of your entertaining posts!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a fun first day! Looking forward to the remainder of the week with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! Can't wait to see all that you create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic...i read this after I viewed all the other posts...Thanks so much for being you and I had a fantastic time! See ya around the crafty unity pages : )

    ReplyDelete