Monday, September 9, 2019

Welcome Unies.


Well hello there Unies.  Welcome to my blog.

My name is Annie Sterner aka Daisydo.


My close friends call me Annie (insert adjective) Pants. My personal favorite is Annie "Snarky Pants". Sarcasm is my coping mechanism for dealing with my life! So, know that going in.  With some luck, you'll see a bit of that this week. As for you people, you can call me whatever you want as long as you stick around and see what’s instore over the next 5 days!

A little bit about me, I’ve been a paper crafter for almost 25 years!  I'm 49, so stop trying to do the math. I started off as a scrapbooker when my kids were little and sucking the soul out of my body by just trying to keep them alive.  I transitioned into a stamper once my life became consumed with being their personal chauffeur and life coach. With 4 of them, it's been a rather hectic 2 decades. I'll go back to scrapbooking once things calm down and I can document the moments of my life. I think that takes some reflection that I just don't have the mental energy to do right now.  Card making, for me is a perfect outlet for channeling my creative needs and it's a great way to share a bit of myself to those I like well enough to send a handmade card.  Through all my crafting moods, I can say paper and rubber stamps "Complete Me." Much more than my husband ever has!  I'm kidding. I'm kidding.
Seriously tho.... I'm not sure if it is it the smell of deeply etched red rubber that soothes my soul, or it's about the endless possibilities both paper and stamping offer that just scratches that itch. I don't question it, I just know that as I am starting to reclaim parts of my time back, crafting still consumes every free thought I have. The passion runs deep people. DEEP

Many may also know me as the keeper of the Squirrel of Justice (SOJ).



He keeps me motivated when I feel my mojo has left me.  I use him on the Unity Show &Tell to hopefully inspire others when you may need a kick in proverbial craft keister.  How can you not want to appease his need for cute projects?

As a returning GIU contributor, I hope to offer a little motivation and inspiration this week. My goal over the next 5 days is to show you ways to use up some of your old stash.  If you are like me, a scrapbooker at heart, you have a horde of things you are saving for that perfect project.  Well, I say- get it out now and use it! No time like the present people! Use that paper pad you have been saving because it's just to pretty to cut.  Break out that washi tape your yearning loins made you buy.  Use those random eyelets someone sent you. Life is short! Use up your good stuff. If for no other reason than to make room for the cute new stuff on the way next week!  I can't promise that each of the cards I have made this week l will be to your liking, but I submit them to you in an effort to have you rethink what you have in your stash and find new ways to use up your supplies!

As a reminder: Be sure to comment on each day's post and 2 winners will be randomly selected to win a Unity prize package!

10 comments:

  1. Just so you know I read this one too. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, I might have to print out the SOJ and keep him in sight LOL🤣😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buffy, print him out on an 8x10 sheet. I can tell You need constant supervision!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your week of GIU posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your week at Unity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. I appreciate the time you took to learn a little about me.

      Delete
  5. I appreciate this version of your bio more. We are very similar. I just turned WTFifty. Been crafty more than half that time. Have 4 kids, was a heavy scrapbooker, got into stamping and stopped scrapping to make cards. I’m hoping to get back to scrapping once life settles down. I have a granddaughter that makes me to get the photos printed again. I recently packed my art room and was inspired to make pages just by seeing my horde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I do love this artistic outlet so!

      Delete