Friday, September 13, 2019

GIU Day 5

Well, we made it to Friday!  WHEW… It’s been a roller coaster ride of fun.  For some of you, it may have left you feeling nauseated, others just with an urge for a concession stand hot dog.  Either way, I hope you got your money’s worth these past 5 days.

It took all week, but you and I found our way through the chaos that is my mind and the frenzied purchases I have made over the years. And today is really no exception. Vellum.  Yes, vellum.  The one supply we still take out every now and again and wonder how we are going to adhere it to our project without the adhesive showing. No matter the method, we always somehow feel unsatisfied. I chose using EYELETS another “postmodern” embellishment in my stash.  Not a go to fastener, but one that works perfectly for adhering that opaque paper that makes you scream when you try and emboss on it.  But, also the one supply that can bring elegance to your project.  Here’s my submission.  I’m using the vellum as a ground for the mason jar of flowers.  Hopefully it helps give some separation from the busy patterned paper.






Finally, some parting words that you can read when you are sitting on the pot after that concession stand hot dog you decided to buy.

Buttons, brads, eyelets, lace, felt, embossed paper, washi tape, thumb punches, they may have been purchased years ago, but they still can have relevance today.  We just need to dig them out of the bin they are hiding in and use them.  I’m not saying that you should dig those 4” stilettos out and wear them on your next trip to Target, but you could put them on to reach that box of paper flowers you have stashed in the back of your closet.  Rethink, repurpose, reuse. that’s the point here.  Don’t let those forgotten supplies sit idle. You loved them once, love them again now.

Supplies:



45 comments:

  1. I love this card and want to thank you for all you have shared with us this week. You have shared many ideas and we all have things in our room just sitting, time to get cleaning and using all we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and a fun week. Thanks for inspiring me to open some dusty drawers and get creative with hidden treasures. Hugzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You left me def wanting a hot dog...or maybe rather a funnel cake!!! Awesome week. Loved your ideas to use up what you have on hand! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week and thanks for the laughs. It makes me see my stash of all the things you used this week seem like possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is a possibility. I've even used tea bags... just sayin'

      Delete
  6. Pretty card!! Thanks for all the reminders to use what we have... it is also a good lesson in being creative. Thanks so much for sharing your fun sense of humor this week, Annie!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so kind to me friend. Thank YOU!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the reminders on some things I've had squirreled away! Gotta get out the vellum paper, in two weights!
    Enjoyed your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’re hilarious! Great week! Nothing looked as dated as the supplies!
    I just realized I almost picked up that same stand your cards are propped up on the other day it’s really a good photo prop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought it from Tuesday Morning a couple of months ago. Been saving it to use on my GIU submissions.

      Delete
  9. Adorable! And I just love your writing, will be following your blog from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. I'll be honest, in the summer. This blog gets little to no action. But, the winter you'll see me updated it more regularly. I appreciate you liking the writing too. As I warned on Monday. Sarcasm is my religion! LOL

      Delete
  10. Love this card and you are hilarious! And thanks for the reminder to dig out those old supplies and use them. Thanks for the inspiration all week and the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kim. I'm glad someone "gets me"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh eyelets! I have a bazillion! I really like this idea! Thank you for a week of beautiful cards and fun ideas! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't the deco shaped eyelets I had to have. Need to figure those out still!

      Delete
  13. Great cards you made all week,now going through my stash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JOJO as I said before, You've been challenged!

      Delete
  14. I have enjoyed myself reading your blogs and inspired to use my tossed away items!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exactly! You loved them once, love them again. Love this card. Was a great week! Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie. I don't use my husband all the time (wink wink) but I still love him!

      Delete
  16. Thanks for all the inspiration and laughs! Amazing week of ideas on using our stash of lightly used supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. lightly used. that's a nice word for it!

      Delete
  17. Have loved your humor and your many great reminders of our forgotten treasures! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice,cute,special card.It has been a hilarious week.Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  19. and I have nearly all of those products. As we speak, I have all my punches out, checking if they still go! I even punched 2 small butterfies to put on my most recent card,
    You have been an inspiration - thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's been the nicest thing anyone could have said and done!

      Delete
  20. Beautiful card, fun loving GIU week. Keep doing what you are doing, inspiring others by being you. Thank you so much! 😁 Where did I hide those stilettos? gotta get to that closet shelf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoyed your posts and your cards and the reminder to dig out those forgotten bits we've purchased over the years. Thanks Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have all these items, too. Somewhere. But I can find them all quickly if I need to. I even have old 3M vellum tape that works like a charm! But I like the brads better. Such a pretty card! Such a fun week. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the sentiment and how you framed it! WHat a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love these hydrangeas and your card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun card! I love the use of your "oldie but still good" tools. I was reorganizing my craft room today and found a good amount paper scraps and forgotten punches! I will try to case your beautiful projects! Thanks for your awesome tips!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another great card. Thanks for all the inspiration to dig out those "old" items and create something new! I've truly enjoyed your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete