Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Disney Planner

So, the Sterner's are headed to Disneyland this summer. Undertaking the great family road trip. With four kids, and nearly 850 miles across several states, in one van Yoikes.. I wonder if we are crazy! After much research, we have made out reservations at all the various hotels we need to stay at. After that daunting task was completed, I realized one thing. I needed a planner. Something to hold all the confirmations, travel maps, and the other pieces of paper you need to keep a family of 6 on track when you are away from home.

Sure, sure, a normal run of the mill three ringed binder would work just fine. But, I'm a scrapper. You know we don't have the run of the mill anything.

It's still a work in process. there are a few pages left to make. But, here is a big bulk of what I've done so far.







The black paper is actually a pocket.. Quote reads.."Vacation: a period of travel and relaxation when you take twice the clothes and half the money you need".












I'm left to make the other side of the things to do page. Plus I want to make a daily journal/highlights section to have a place to write down a summary of what we did or quotes of what the kids said or how they reacted on any given day.

It's Disney with out being DISNEY.

So far, I'm happy with it.

8 comments:

  1. That is so adorable and so fun!! I always have good intentions of being organized but such horrible follow thru!! lol Can you make me a Massachusetts Vacation Planner?!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. long time no see. love how the planner turned out...

    miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute planner. I just watched the episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 when they drove with their entire family to Disney. I had a panic attack just watching :). Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DaisyDO!! You have outdone yourself, what an awesome idea!! It looks FAB :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that came out awesome! is it disneyworld? or disneyland? i just started a disney album...i don't have to travel too far or with so many...but i love it....
    hope all goes well with the vacation
    lynda in calif

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your planner.... Could have use one of those a few times... Great idea....Have fun on your vacation.....

    PattiM
    (Pattie's passion)

    I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!!

    ReplyDelete