Tuesday, September 10, 2019

GIU Day 2

Ok,  How'd Monday treat you?  You step on any Legos barefooted or get a paper cut yesterday? Swallow a bug?  No?  Ya didn't spill any coffee or ketchup on your new white shirt? Wow, you have Karma on your side then.  Don't tick her off, I hear she's been moody lately!  At the time of this writing. Karma and I have come to a bit of an understanding. She can kick me in the rear now and again but only when I think really bad thoughts about the people who really annoy me.  In exchange, I wont curse too much when I'm angry.  For the record, I've been getting kicked hard lately!  I'm peopled out and haven't had time to craft.

I digress...

I'm not sure about you but once my life with children transitioned into 4th gear, the idea of pocket page scrapbooking really caught my eye.  Buy the kits, print your pictures, add a little journaling, stick them in the page protectors and bam a completed album! It was advertised as "no muss, no fuss, instantaneous type of memory keeping."  Yeah.... No.  I bought the kits, organized the cards to an inch of their life and stalled out.  I have done maybe 6 pocket paged layouts in total. I gotta say, there wasn't enough hands on creativity in it for me. As I have described, I like collecting the supplies as much as I like using them.  So, now all those neatly organized cards just sit there idle.

But, wait.... We can bring new life to those cute PL kits and it makes a fast card too!  And, look I used some foiled card bases I bought on clearance for $2.99 from the Lob. It's a box that I justified buying by saying "the envelopes alone are worth $2.99".  You've made that purchase before I know you have... tell me I'm not the only one!

Anyway, the best part of Unity stamps is that there are always perfect images to "jeuge" up a premade card and make it extra special for the one you love. Doesn't have to be a Project Life Card.  Could be a post card,  or a simple greeting card you've been holding on to.  Maybe by adding a little Unity, you can turn it from MEH to Wow in an instant.



Supplies:

Bonus tip.  Look in your stash and see if you have any stationary note cards that you no longer use.  Those make great bases!  When I visit my local Goodwill, I always look at the stationary sets they have for sale.  As long as they don't smell musty, they can be less expensive than making or buying blank white card bases.  Something to think about anyway.


Remember- leave a comment or some love to be entered into the drawing at the end of the week for a Unity prize!

57 comments:

  1. I love those little clouds and think I need them in my “stash”! (Is that a good term for it or what?$
    Love this idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, these clouds should be in all sizes! So cute Yes, your stash is the proper term!

      Delete
  2. Oooo! I Love the shimmery gold! What a great design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to. I know silver is the "IN COLOR" for almost anything. But, to me Gold is where it's at!

      Delete
  3. Great ideas to use stash and a quick background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta use it up to make room for more Unity goodies!

      Delete
  4. Really neat card! Thanks so much for the inspiration to use that older stuff in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!
    Yes and yes! I filled one pocket album. I actually LOVE it. It was of my first year of daily photos (still clicking) I used a CM album and really hope they still make them because that’s the route I’d take again. I did give into buying PL but never really gave into to creating with it. They do make a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so guilty of buying up all that I "need" to create something then...bam reality hits and it sits there for ages. Pocket pages included along with that doo dad to seal them up that I had to have. You always keep it real Annie...I love that and I love your creations. The foil is so snazzy...you're tempting me girl. Looking forward to tomorrow's post! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I like the "doo dad" tool. Be tempted..I know you'll rock it out of the park!

      Delete
  7. Your humor cracks me up! Yep, we all are great collectors of the stuff and are guilty of not using the stuff. Great ideas and a great card. Thanks for the inspiration and the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I warned you Monday I enjoy sarcasm!

      Delete
  8. Great post! I did walk out my front door yesterday to be greeted by a looooong black snake!! lol Yikes!!! I like to buy card sets that I am able to cut in half to use both sides as postcards for entering sweepstakes (another hobby!), and I have stamped on a few, but never made a more elaborate card. It's a great idea for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Becca.. that's brilliant. Sorry about the Nope Rope encounter! Hope it didn't sidetrack the rest of your week

      Delete
  9. Such a cute and happy card! Great idea for using up the stash!!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me. Cute & Happy! LOL (smooches on your cheek)

      Delete
  10. Brilliant idea again - I do like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card, it's so creative and talented.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to use up excess stuff and enhance it with Unity Stamps! Great card Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I've done the "but it's such a good deal" song and dance a million times. That foiled look is awesome tho.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the foiled card!! I think we all have those purchases in our past....and probably in our futures! You put it to very good use!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the foiled background and those cute little clouds. Wonderful. HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that little stamp I love to put it on my hats for chemo and color the flowers with many sentiments. I agree I buy cards when on sale with coupons and use them as bases also for some cards. Wonderful to know someone else thinks it is good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending all my love and good vibes (If I've accrued any)your way for a fast recovery!! Such a great use of those cards!

      Delete
  17. Love your card and we should all use our stash,mine just kept piling up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest fear. Lady dies when craft supplies collapses trapping her underneath. Only to be eaten by cat. I'll take my chances with the cat...

      Delete
  18. Such a good post! Use your stash! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great way to use up some of your older stash! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea about the thrift store cards. I’ve recycled a lot of the cards I have received in the past. They sometimes work great! Thank you for sharing your talents

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card and your use of unused supplies! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute card and I bought some Project Life packs on clearance just for cards without even realizing they were supposed to be for scrap booking, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card and tips- never thought to use stationary as a background. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your tips on using long forgotten items in our stash!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love what you did with this card. The clouds are fun and the sentiment is great.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute card! I rarely use the doilies in my stash. I like the way you used yours on your card.

    ReplyDelete